The Board of E2 functions as the governing Board of the School. They provide overall direction and leadership for the school.
Members of the Board of Directors are elected at the annual general meeting. Eligible members include parents, grandparents, alumni, and affiliated community members by criteria defined by the Board. Employees or direct family members of employees are not eligible to act on the Board of Directors. The Principal and Assistant Principal are nonvoting, ex-officio members of the Board.
Duties of the Board
Per the By-laws of E2 Society for Twice-Exceptional Learners, the Board
is responsible for:
- directing and monitoring the finances of the school
- the hiring, evaluation and remuneration of the Principal.
- the development and approval of policies and by-laws
- establishing Board committees
- ensuring the Mission and Vision of the School are maintained as amended from time to time.
- ensuring the practices of the School and the Board are consistent with applicable legislation, Bylaws, Board policies, and contractual obligations
- evaluating the levels of satisfaction held by students, parents, and staff
- implementing and ensuring the School functions in accordance with the Society’s purposes and is accountable to the Minister of Education, students, parents, staff and the public.
Board positions are elected at the E2 Academy AGM in June of every school year.